Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Melt your guns

This is cool, melt your guns, free yourself...
Think of all the people who could be saved by participating is such a profound experiment such as this. Look at the beauty that is possible from something once so ugly.
This is truth, a metamorphosis, and is the kind of thing I like to see from artists in this world, bringing people together in peace. This is the very stuff that inspires me to practice my art. This is why I walked into a metalworking class 6 years ago, no expectation, I just knew there is something permanent about working in such a soild form, such as metal, or stone, but metal is what called to me. I love this piece not just because it's beautiful but because it's public, and carrys the message, continually,a nd becomes part of the landscape, a positive additon to it, and a memorial all together.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guns_into_art/2167721171/

No comments: